Monday, July 25, 2005

Changes

There was a time a couple of years ago when me and my two best friends sat down for a "studio portrait" at a local Kameraworld, believing it to be one of our last photos as best friends in Manila. One of the trio was scheduled to leave for Hongkong for work, while the other planned to move to Holland to get married.  As always, I was slated to stay.

Six months later, everyone was back in town as the work thing and the relationship thing didn't work out...and we had many more photos and adventures again. But after that period, it seemed like things had changed.  Though we were close as ever, there was no longer a need to spend every minute together either in person or on the phone.  We all had our own lives, and we were pretty different people, which actually made the friendship even richer. 

Recently we had dinner at Nuvo (in the midst of my raging cold) and met Mylinda's fiance, their relationship a very inspiring product of her last visit to the United States to become a bridesmaid at a childhood's friend wedding.  He was the best man. It happened so suddenly it seemed to be cause for worry for me, but the inspiring part was this time everything was perfect.  From someone who's seen her experience so much crap from relationships through the years, she miraculously met and is going to marry her Mr. Right.  The last time she and I were in Nuvo, we half-seriously thought of this happening to us, but never really thought it would happen so soon. That just goes to show you never know what fate has in store!

She's leaving for Philly this September, to get married and settle there.  This time I think the change will be rather permanent.  I used to think I couldn't imagine what it would be like when people close to me wouldn't be around anymore.  But know I know although there may be changes in geography or in lifestlyle, relationships don't have to end...they just change, and its up to you to make it change for the better, to grow into something different and unique.

So very soon, i'll have an excuse to travel and visit her, which I think is going to be a lot of fun!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kwon, Mylinda, Tricia and me.

No comments: