Thursday, August 04, 2005

Facing a Challenge

Although life has been hard at times for me, many things have actually come amazingly easy. Its only now that I've gained some maturity (hopefully), that I've come to realize how lucky I've been throughout my life. In high school and college, I made above average grades without parental pressure. I've never lacked job offers. When the bottom fell out of things at home, I never really fell down on my knees...I tripped in a major way but things righted itself pretty soon. Not to say that I didnt work hard for it, but many people work harder but don't get the same results. Even when I entered the corporate world, I moved faster than quite a few who started off on the same footing. Again I didn't kill myself to make it happen, it just did with some investment from me.

I was quite surprised last year when I was told I seemed to be too nice for my job, that I wasn't hard or aggressive enough, that I couldn't seem to handle everything even if I was doing a good job. For the first time someone questioned my abilities and it really bothered me. I almost thought of just packing up and leaving. But I couldn't admit defeat. So I grew up, and thought I proved them wrong in a matter of a few months. Actually it was a good experience for me. Taught me many things and I walked out of that experience a different person. I still had the nagging feeling though that I still hadn't proven myself enough.

Recent events have proved otherwise. Though I refused to accept things at first, I should finally give up on humility...for a brief moment please allow me to indulge. I've proud of what I've accomplished and the trust not only I've been shown, but something publicly announced. And once again fate handed me an answer to my growing indifference and gave me something to throw myself into. Something scary but exciting. Wish me well on this new adventure!

No comments: