Wednesday, May 25, 2005

RPC Experience (Davao Chapter)

This time the setting is SM Entertainment Plaza Davao.  And as opposed to my shopping spree that led me to buy a cool Hedgren laptop backpack in Cebu, this time I took it slow with small purchases at SM Surplus shop. God save me from mall events!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is Drake, the cute widdle baby of our Mindanao Marketing Coordinator Ciara.  At last, a baby who didn't detest me on sight!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Didn't I tell you the pictures were starting to look alike?  Here's the Level Up marketing team with Momentum and the rock band Kamikazee.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



More Level Up, the marketing team joined by other departments.



On our last night in Davao, after my requisite "massage when i'm on an out of town trip", we hung out by the poolside of the Regency Hotel.  This hotel in the Guadalupe area of the city reminds me very much of Melrose Place. Villa style apartments surrounding a swimming pool. The only kicker was the big "P180 only short time" sign outside the hotel. Seems to be a new (or maybe not) trend in less classy (read: cheap hotels) in the country having a family hotel combined with garage rooms for the local lovers. And I thought Victoria Court had a unique concept! Regency's Day Spa also sported an "aquarium" with masseuses specializing in extra service. Truly a one-stop shop for everyone's relaxation needs.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here's me and Jay of Kamikazee. Truly a crazy rock group, but they're absolutely hilarious! These guys are drunk all the time except when performing, but they're charming, down to earth and friendly for all that.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Of course the joke of the night was Kamikazee's attempt to corrupt the men of Level Up. As you can see in the pictures, it was extremely entertaining, and slightly gross.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The night ended with me conked out in bed because Jake threw me in the swimming pool. Hit my head on the gutter and suffered a huge bump. Don't worry, he drowned himself in guilt the whole night.






 

No comments: