Monday, August 06, 2007

Shopping High

ing Its one of the best feelings in the world to splurge on something and the hours later after your actions have sunk in, to still be happy with what you've bought. That "shopping high" is what I'm feeling today after a visit to a small shop called Wondermomo in Plaza Mont Kiara, which sells designer wear at a fraction of the retail price. I don't even know how they do it and I didn't want to ask how they're able to give good prices for their stocks. (To be fair, they're probably bargain hunters in the US). The selections are few but quite varied, from Diane von Furstenberg to Chloe to Calvin Klein. They also have shoes, bags and belts. I was able to score Citizens of Humanity jeans for RM200 (US$57) and a Shanghai Tang dress for RM116 (US$33). They might not be from the current season, but who cares? I felt so vindicated when I surfed online and found that COH jeans typically cost US120 ++ and Shanghai Tang dresses fall in the whopping $400 - $500 range. Whoopee!

In other news I also bought 2 new pillows and 2 sets of Cotonsoft bedding sets, one of which is already in place on my bed, and the other in reserve for my guest bedroom. For an amazing RM246 (US$71), each bedding set comes with a fluffy reversible comforter, a fitted sheet and 2 matching pillowcases. I'm definitely going to have a good night's sleep with the aircon running full blast.

2 comments:

Deepa said...

take me there when i visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni said...

I love the dress!