Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lavana Spa, Bangkok

I'm a massage junkie. Which is why I was happy to find myself in the land of Thai massages. And even happier to find a fabulous, affordable, exotic massage called "Oil Massage with Herbal Balls" at the Lavana Spa, Bangkok. It was a relief too, to recover my faith in Thai massages. After all, 2 days before my fabulous Lavana massage, I spent 200 Baht (US$6) at a creepy Thai massage place called Kreuw Beauty along Sukhumvit Road for a lousy 1-hour massage. I've had better Thai massages in Cebu! Kr-eeew smelled musty, had itchy pajamas and a half-hearted masseuse. Just a tad bit louder than the Thai radio station in the background was the flirting antics of the male customer and female masseuse in the next cubicle. I learned that not all Thai massages in Thailand are good. I will remember that when I go for a Balinese massage in Bali.

For 1,400 Baht (US$40), Lavana Spa will provide you a relaxing 2-hour oil massage in a private room with its own shower. The music is aptly instrumental, with ocean sounds and birds chirping. They serve hot tea in their spacious reception area before leading you up glass steps lit by candles to your room. The masseuse applied the right pressure, because they bother to ask you what kind of pressure you like, as well as which areas you would like them to concentrate on, even before you leave the reception area. The Herball Ball treatment came the last 30 minutes of the massage. Thai herbs (or it could be tea leaves for all I know) are wrapped in a hot towel-ball and pressed against your entire body. A good way to soak up the oil from the massage, and the hot compress is very comforting. The massage ends with a full head treatment, which is exactly what I needed after a full day shopping at Chatuchak and sightseeing at Chaopraya River.

Lavana Spa is located at No.4 Soi Sukhumvit (Suck-om-vit) 12, conveniently near the Sheraton Grande where I stayed and right beside the popular Thai restaurant called Cabbages & Condoms where I had dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
ดูบอลออนไลน์