Thursday, November 24, 2005

Philippine Ad Congress

The few days I spent in Cebu for the Ad Congress was a blast, and a blast from the past! A veteran of only 3 ad congresses, the first I attended as a student volunteer, the 2nd only for the Araw Awards, its funny that only in a non-advertising company did I get to go as a delegate this time.  I ran into so many people from the industry, and the limits of my lousy memory were tested as I struggled to remember the names of a lot of people there ---  proof of my old age. The trip reminded me of things I missed, and things I am proud of...that my barely 3-year old career took the direction I wanted, as evidenced by the long lines at our trade exhibit booth also at the Waterfront where the Congress was held, the extravagant compliments I got from Ben's speech, MTV's tribute to our co-prod show in their speaking slot, and finally, people knowing what it means when I say I work in an online game company

Of course, ad congresses are never complete without the parties, and I got my fill hanging out with friends both old and new...

Going both to official Ad Congress functions like cocktails at Fort San Pedro, and unofficial congregations at Cebu's latest hotspots in Crossroads, with its dance club Vudu and billards-place Cues...

Drinking and dancing the night away (almost every night!) at new hotspot Formo...

Then a free day playing tourist at the Mactan Shrine, Magellan's Cross, a seaside sunset at Maribago Blue Waters.

Lunch at Sutokil and a dinner of Cebu lechon just made my last day better, but it was made more complete by a  stop at Sto. Nino Shrine (where I felt like I was in Rio de Janeiro) and offering a few candles in prayer.

No comments: