Thursday, November 10, 2005

Hi Daddy



Ok, I know the picture's a little morbid to post, but I'm very glad that this year, after a longtime absence from daddy's graveside during the All Saints Day, the family trooped to the Sta. Cruz, Laguna cemetery to spend some time remembering someone we love very much.

He was born in India where they cremate the deceased, but he asked to be buried here becaused he loved the Filipino tradition of remembering the dead every year with a candle and flower fest. Sta. Cruz is where my mom's family is buried...when we changed our lifestyle it became hard for us to go back as often as we used to. I don't like the place, and don't really appreciate the people there, albeit for some good souls. This year, we made it a point to go back even it was difficult. I also fulfilled a promise to change the name on his grave to his correct name...Amitabha. The solution was temporary (just a few dabs of gold paint), but I think he was very happy that his three girls finally dropped by to do this. We also spent time together to buy flowers, arrange (along with Tita Vilma at her riverside house), bringing them to his grave, lighting some candles and saying a little prayer to say hi. After our evening meal on the 1st of 2 days we were there, my mom said she smelled flowers that she's only smelled when she was in India. I guess he dropped by to say hello too.


No comments: