Friday, June 10, 2005

Birthday Non-Celebration

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I guess my friends know me so well that they know a major
occasion with beer and food (tons of barbecue my favorite!) would only
get even better with a round of VIDEOKE!

Kudos to Jake for the brilliant idea, Joie for helping out, and everyone
who contributed (even if I know it was half Jake's taray factor that made you pitch in the pot)... I had planned a simple, informal, birthday
"non-celebration" in the hopes that my 29th birthday would slip by so
quietly no one would notice I was a year older. But what I got was contributions of more barbecue, palabok, liquor and cigarettes that I
was extremely giddy with well-being and gratitude.

And for entertainment, nothing can beat my singers, whether they be
from Level Up (Moonie, Mon, Jake, Vanessa--future pop sensation,
Teresa, Lexi, Oneil, Pat, Jose, Pau, Ben), other friends (Gigi, Pao, Tey),
and family (my sister Deepa's rare moments of singing solo pop).
Of course the night wasn't complete without me torturing everyone with
renditions of my usual videoke fare (Sweet Child of Mine, Bitch,
Crazy For You) and an attempt to sing "Love Moves in Mysterious Ways" (eek!). Happily enough since it was my birthday, guests had to
applaud enthusiastically.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Aside from a good sprinkling of people from my LU family (IT, BRG,
Marketing, Creative, Prod Dev, Finance were all represented),
there was also special effort from friends outside the office
to be there (Ainee, Marj, Gigi, Trish, Pao, Momentum ppl).
All in all, the "non-celebration" was a good look of aspects in my
life that I love --- friends from all over, food, beer, great conversations
(if slightly drunk), videoke, hanging out at 6.5.

It was so fulfilling I almost felt like I was 30, which is usually
what one would deem to be the next big milestone in one's life----
but thank goodness I'm not yet there. According to this energy reader I met
some time ago (yes that's me, fortuneteller junkie), my spirit guides think
I'm on track. It might have been BS, but I feel it to be true somehow.
However, I may have gotten my head screwed on better in the past year of my
growth, but there's so much to learn yet. And that's the exciting part.

Blog template credits: To Diwa thank you very much for this fabulous blog template which depicts one of my favorite shots of the white island/sandbar which rises up in low tide across the shores of Camiguin Island.

No comments: