Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mmmmm...Chocolate

Reposted from Klue. This is an interesting try for Anton's visit next weekend. I love chocolate!

*************************

Today I skipped lunch to visit Theobroma Chocolate Lounge in Pavilion, after hearing a positive comment from reader puppylee at our earlier article. Yep I was super gung-ho about it as I'm a huge chocolate fan.

The store is located at Pavilion's Connection wing, below GSC Cinema and next to Dome Cafe. There weren't many people when I was there, but I liked how the store looked with its wood finishes and high-backed leather (or is it pleather?) chairs. Also like the lights and the display counters. Everything looks bright, clean and comfortable.

There's loads of choco drinks on the menu, from hot to iced to ice-blended. Also available are pancakes, fondue, waffles and stuff of that sort. If you want something more substantial, there are pies, quiches and salads to pick from.

Oh and besides drinks, you can get the most yummy looking chocolates there. All imported from Australia, apparently.

Picture above is but a small sample of what's available. You'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to picking out the ones that you want.

After staring at the menu for quite a bit, I finally decided on the Ms Coco Frappe which is made with dark Belgian chocolate. Too hard to resist.

Looks good, don't it? One sip and I was in choco heaven! Because it was dark chocolate, the drink wasn't overwhelmingly sweet or nauseating. I thought the dark swirls that you see in the picture was merely chocolate syrup but it turns out they were chunks of rich Belgian chocolate. After slurping down the drink, I spent a good 20 mins scraping off the chocolate with the straw. Damn greedy but you don't waste chocolate, right?!

If you're wondering about the prices, it's competitive with cafes like Starbucks, Coffee Bean and the likes. If you're thinking about visiting Theobroma, particularly the Pavilion branch (I know 1 U's branch is open but I haven't been there yet - any comments?), maybe you'll like to go on Thurs as the Pussycat Dolls will be making an appearance, as I gathered from the banner.

Theobroma Chocolate Lounge (Pavilion) is located at C4.05.02, Connection Level 5, Pavilion KL.

No comments: