Monday, July 09, 2007

Daily Wisdom

I've already admitted repeatedly that I'm a fortune-telling junkie, so of course I also subscribe to my daily horoscope from Astrology.com. Here's last Friday's gem of wisdom:

Dear Sheila,
Here is your horoscopefor Friday, July 6:

Are you getting what you need from life, from your romance, from work? If not, it might be time to ask yourself why. To fulfill your dreams, you have to identify them. Next, you have to believe that you're worth it.

Ok, not that brilliant right? But the thing I like about getting these daily fortunes is it reminds me about the most practical thing in the most impractical way. One of the things I wanted to learn by coming to live here in KL is my own value.

Funny enough though, I was just chatting with a friend awhile ago on msn and I told him that coming here was also supposed to be a profound journey of self-discovery in which I thought I would learn undiscovered things about myself. Its been almost a month and what have I learned so far? I like the same things here as I like back home: reading, watching TV, keeping fit, getting massages, alcoholic beverages, chocolates, fortunetelling, massages and the beach. The undiscovered part? I learned that I like myself. Its a great lesson.

No comments: