Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Driving in the Wrong Lane

Omigod I just drove to and from work by myself today! Picture this: right-hand driving in the left side of the road on a major highway (the North Klang Valley Expressway) at an average speed of 100km/hour and it still takes 40 minutes from my condo in Bangsar to my office in Cyberjaya. My heart was in my throat most of the way but that was the easy part.

What should have been another 40 minute trip back home turned into a congested tour of KL outskirts, exotic places like Subang, Sunway, and god knows how many other wrong turns into the strangest places (imagine a long dirt road under a flyover that leads into a dead end). The end result: 2.5 hours wasted and a long scratch on my passenger side. *sniff*


In other news, I’ve found Max’s long lost brother! I named my Manila car Max Sterling in honor of the ace pilot and Skull Squadron leader from the Robotech saga (a throwback to my geeky anime past), and because of course the car’s color is sterling silver. I tearfully left my car in the care of my mom and sis back home (oh god), but the car they gave me here is his exact replica! Well almost…it’s a slightly more powerful engine with automatic everything. And all the controls are on the right side. For that alone, my first loyalty will always be to Max.




No comments: