Friday, November 26, 2010

Blink

Just like that, 4 months have gone by just like that in my "new" life in Oslo. I've done so much and seen so many things --- besides the practicalities of living in Oslo, I also took side trips to Madrid, Granada, Segovia, Palma de Mallorca, Stockholm and Dublin.

Now winter's here and the difference of living in Europe (and in Scandinavia) is even more highlighted! Yesterday I went out to check the Lanvin for H&M collection and instead of blowing my dough on an overpriced "couture for the masses" dress, I spent it on getting more wool, long sleeved shirts and a humidifier. Who knew there were so many things to think of for winter?? There's the winter clothes layering, the lack of humidity at home that's drying out my skin and causing mini-nosebleeds, plus having to walk outside with a stiff breeze in your face and ice on the pavement. As I write this, its -8 degrees celcius outside and they say this isn't the worst of it yet -- although it seems to have been the coldest November anyone can remember in a long time.

I promise to start posting bits and pieces of my trips in the next few days, I owe myself that!

2 comments:

Mylinda said...

This is the time in your life when you need a nearby Target. You know I live for shopping and tomorrow (day after Thanksgiving) is supposedly the biggest shopping day of the year and I am sick! If you were here though, I would still go out and shop "for the basics only" with you :) (also because there is absolutely nothing to do in suburban philadelphia except shop)

Unknown said...

Dude thanks for posting on my blog! I would love to be in your blogroll. Can I add you to mine?

I really should venture out to the US next year to take advantage of Target.

Hope you're feeling better now. Maybe u can still catch up with the CyberMonday sale though that may not be your cup of tea. ;-)