Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Camera

Thanks to the generosity of Super F, I was able to get myself a Fujifilm S6500FD for a fraction of the price. It isn't a full-fledged DSLR but so far after using it over the weekend, I can see a big improvement in the photos I took in terms of colors, depth and sharpness. It takes pretty good night photos too, I haven't been too reliant on the flash and have been able to depict "real" colors rather than too-bright faces at night.

I also found an free online photo-editing tool called, Picnik. If you have the time and patience to wait for the upload and download from your PC, its cool to create effects like changing your photos into Vignette, Cinemascope, Lomo, Holga-ish or spot color. I did discover though that its faster to get photos for editing from a photo site like Flickr or Facebook rather than uploading from the PC.

Check out my newfound artistry:

Clock-tower building
Sultan Abdul Samad building near Merdeka Square

Cool off
Cooling off at the KLCC park pool

Lomo-ish Towers
Petronas Towers view from Menara KL

No comments: