Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Continuing Lessons

I started doing some interesting things starting this January. Actually “started” is not the correct term…perhaps its better to say “revisited”. I’m taking a 10-session beginner Spanish class at HELP University in Damansara Heights (their program is affiliated with Instituto Cervantes), and I also started capoeira classes at Academia Bantus in SS24, Petaling Jaya.

Now why do I say “revisited”? It’s because I tried doing these before…in fact I’ve taken up 6 units of Spanish in college, and I’ve attended a total of maybe, 2, capoeira sessions in Manila. Sadly, I never got to continue or use them in any way. Now, since my time is quite manageable, I think its just right that I return to my interests…and actually make some progress! I’m thinking of going to Spain within the year to practice my new language, and I hope that my flexibility and strength improves with the capoeira.

They say it’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I say an old dog appreciates new tricks better!

No comments: