Monday, May 15, 2006

First Impressions

My first few days in the U.S. were spent in Mylinda's new home in Norristown, PA, and here are some quick impressions:

- Meal portions are HUGE.
- There is so much TOILET PAPER.
- People must be hard of hearing because everyone seems to be so loud, and they don't hear me when I speak in my normal voice.
- I didn't know it was harder to jog and breathe cold air.
- It's so damn cold even if its spring, but everyone else must be immune to the brisk wind since they're all wearing tank tops, shorts and slippers.
- Everyone's either really friendly or a war freak.
- Tipping is painful.
- I might have been with a shopping freak, but I saw more malls than anything cultural or historical.

So that's my first few days in a nutshell. I'm amazed at how Mylinda adjusted so well so fast here. I miss the beach and the cheap massages!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Woooohoooo! Pictures!!!!!!!