Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Zsa Zsa: Zo Funnee!

If you hurry, you can still catch the last few days of Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah: Ze Musical, at the PETA Theater Center in Sunny Side Drive, Brgy Kristong Hari, Quezon City. There are still shows on April 28, 29 and 30, and you can book tickets through Cedric of PETA at 0922-8712001. Like someone said in an email, with the P700 seats you're close enough to catch saliva sparks from the cast, at P500 seats you're far enough not to notice that Eula Valdez (zuperhero Zsa Zsa) and Agot Isidro (zupervillain Queen Femina) are wearing bodystockings.

I saw the matinee show last Sunday, and though the 3-hour running time was hell on my ass, it was cozy to sit in an audience composed of metrosexuals, bading and babaeng bading. Hey maybe there were some straight people in the audience, and they seemed to get it too. The show took the plight of the gay Filipino and turned it into a funny musical, but to me it was touching the way the show characters coped with sadness through laughter. When I read the original comic book by Carlo Vergara a year ago, I thought it would be perfect as a musical, and I'm glad someone else did too.

Panties, err, hats off to the delicious Lauren Novero who played the romantic male lead Dodong. Everytime he came out onstage I could hear the entire audience chanting, "Take it off! Take it off!" He made me want to become gay just to take him home. :-P

1 comment:

Toni said...

I watched the evening show naman nung Sunday. :D The guy who played Dodong (not Lauren) was wayyy hot din. Everyone was swooning haha! Galing ni Eula 'no!!!!